Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mac Miller: K.I.D.S


I Found out about Mac Miller back in April, and became a fan because of his ability to maintain mainstream appeal while staying true to Golden Age hip hop principles. Also, I was really feeling this dude cause we have similar dress styles and he basically raps about the same lifestyle that I live, so I could really relate. His album dropped on Friday, and needless to say it had a lot of dope tracks, but it had a lot of pop-esque garbage on it too. Mac's only 18 years old though, and still has a lot of time to mature as a lyricist ( he does need some work lyrically). Its going to be interesting to watch him mature over the years. He's already set himself up for success getting a deal with Rostrum records, the same label wiz khalifa is signed to, and collaborating with Wiz and Skyzoo. The day his album dropped, it was the number 1 download on datpiff.com. He's got some excellent production from Big Jerm as well.




If you're feeling it, you should download K.I.D.S. at datpiff.com. Dude has a lot of potential, and he's what Hip-Hop needs right now, so I'm really hoping he improves lyrically and content wise.

Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment