Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Breeze

So it's been over two weeks since I've came with something new. I've had a lot going on lately so my mind hasn't really been on blogging. Basically I've been Job Hunting, Traveling, Fishing, Partying, and dealing with other stuff all at the same time.

I've managed to keep up with Movies though. I saw Robin Hood, and I was expecting it to be poor, as some of the reviews were bad. It didn't have the action that most summer movies do, and the character development was poor. However Russell Crowe did an excellent job. Cate Blanchet did an excellent job, and Ridley Scott put together a movie that reminded me of some of the epic movies that were popular in the 50's and 60's ( Ben Hur, Spartacus, etc.). Also, I watched Soylent Green, a 70's Dystopian Sci-Fi film about NYC in the future and food shortage, it has a good plot twist ending, and is a must see for sci fi fans. Should also be seeing Prince of Persia this week.

Also, on Sunday of memorial day weekend, I made my way solo down to the Virginia Beach ocean front to link up a friend from school and some of his friends he brought in from out of town. Memorial day weekend is the first night where the strip gets real crowded, and all I can say is it was LIVE down there. Getting back in my "natural environment" per se has really got me into the summer vibe. Now that it's June 1st, I can say its officially Summer! In honor of that, here is summer Madness by Kool and The Gang.


On a sadder note, this Oil Spill in the Gulf has gotten to the point where its completely ridiculous, and the sad part is that this entire situation is due to negligence. The moral is, assume full responsibility ASAP! Before things get out of hand. A lot of people are talking about Boycotting BP, as angry as I am with BP over this, Exxon handled the Valdez situation in a similar manner. Most of these BP boycotters are buying Exxon gas instead! Fucking Hypocritical. How bout boycott all Gasoline as much as possible. The sad thing is that most BP gas stations are franchises, which means BP doesn't get hurt by the boycotts so much as the local business owner trying to make a living does. Not to mention BP owns major oil refineries in the US, Asphalt Companies, and has its hand in just about any petroleum based industry. So boycotting them is nearly impossible. They will get your money! A lot of people are using this situation to criticize the Obama administration, and as much as there is to criticize about his other policies, I don't see where hes done anything wrong as far as the oil spill situation goes. This is definitely going to impact our gas prices in some way, and even worse it will damage the ecosystem for years, more than likely our children will still be dealing with the environmental damage from this. It's really disheartening to hear about all the Fishermen whose livelihood has been destroyed by this situation. Another problem I see down the road, is that this will lead to stricter government regulation of the petroleum industry, which I see as bad thing. In my opinion the less government interference with anything the better.

It's a curious coincidence that whenever some sort of crisis occurs The US Government seems to benefit, in a way that their power increases. For instance, after September 11th, people's fear of terror led them to surrender some of their personal rights to the government (via the Patriot act). After the Bailout, the Government managed to practically take control of the US banking and Auto industries, and They will Likely gain control of the Oil industry after this incident.

Optimist as I am, the United State's future continues to look grimmer with almost every passing day. I really fear that our children will grow up in a dystopian society of sorts. Oh well, That's todays words of wisdom.

Peace,
Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment