Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cross Country Plywood Pushing

I spent my entire life living on the west side of Virginia Beach, where Skateboard and hip-hop culture are dominant over everything else. So consequently, I've been immersed in the Skateboard culture since I can remember. Never been too good at skating, but I've always been a huge fan, and I've always been into skateboard fashion. In my mind Virginia Beach is the skateboard capitol of the east coast, followed by Philadelphia. two of the best examples of Virginia Beach skateboarding are VA Fleezers and the Welcome to Virginia Beach video, one of which features an acquaintance of mine. Both feature a bomb soundtrack, with MGMT and Nas. Also one of the locations in these videos is in front of the High School I graduated from.



Here is Welcome To VA Beach set to Nas' song Rule.



I'm also a huge Stevie Williams fan. I wear DGK from time to time, and to me his style of skating is the most entertaining for me to watch, especially because alot of his videos feature him skating through the hood in Philadelphia, and not at skate parks.









Rasul Allah is in this Love Park video. Besides being affiliated with DGK, hes also the front man for one of my favorite undergroung hip-hop groups; Lost Children of Babylon, who collabed with Jedi Mind Tricks and Wu-Tang.

Now, switching it up Old School to NYC for a minute. Fuckin Harold Hunter and the Zoo York team from back in 97, skating through Times Square! With Method Man and Ghostface Killah freestylin on the soundtrack! sorry for the bad quality but its from a 13 year old VHS


Taking it to the West coast..... I'm a big Fan of P-rod and Nike SB. I been wearing SB's since 2005.



Another lesser known skater from LA is Donovan Strain. I've been watching his Butteryass Monday's Video Blog at Butteryass Mondays for over a year now. Alot of them aren't really skateboard oriented but they are hilarious.

Here is one of my favorite butteryass mondays vids for those of you too lazy to actually click the link. I think everyone should get a laugh out of this.



Enjoy,
Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment